This blog was done as a class project for Online Journalism 1 class at Rowan University. The semester is ending, and at this point in time I am going to be stepping away from “Tweet,” said the Prof, but I don’t want to say this is it forever. I am calling this break an indefinite hiatus.
To go on a break in style, here are my top 5 best posts:
Top 5 Best Posts
1. The Whit: Online – Feature about Rowan’s student paper
2. RTF Students using YouTube: A look at the use of YouTube as a showcase for your video work
3. RU LinkedIn?: Overview of LinkedIn and the benefits of using it
4. Rowan Tube: An aggregation of Rowan’s YouTube channel
5. Social Media Dating: A look at the web and dating: welcome to the 21st Century.
I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 applications for IPhone/ITouch for the college student. The best part about them — they are all FREE.
The links will take you directly to the iTunes store.
1. Free Wi-Fi Finder – This app will search for Wi-Fi hot spots wherever you are in the world.
2. gFlash + Flashcards & Tests This app will allow you to make flashcards using a Google spreadsheet
3. Book Bargain – Find the cheapest textbooks on the web!
4. Word of the Day Lite: Learn news words and improve your vocabulary.
5. Dropbox: Sync files online and share them with others.
6. Pizza: Find the cheapest, and closest pizza to you wherever you are.
7. Fandango: Watch trailers and look up movie times
8. Local Concerts: Notifies you about shows from the artists in your music library.
9. NYTimes: The New York Times on-the-go!
10. Quickpedia: Browse Wikipedia from this app